AC Troubleshooting

Old 06-21-09, 10:01 AM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
AC Troubleshooting

Hello everyone,

I have a couple questions regarding two AC problems.

1. I have a wall AC unit that doesn't seem to have a working fan. It worked a year ago but when I turned the unit on this year the fan won't turn on. I took the front cover off and fiddled with the blower a little and I got it to start turning a couple of times but it won't stay turning. I haven't tried to get at the fan yet.

2. I have a central AC unit which won't turn on. When I turn the thermostat down the furnace cycles cool air but it seems to be coming from the basement because the unit outside (the condenser?) won't turn on. It seems to have power coming into it but it won't cool and the fan won't turn on.

Any help and/or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thumbone

Old 06-21-09, 10:43 AM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
wall unit? as in window/wall type unit? you may have to take it out and see if the fan motor needs lubrication. Can you hear the fan motor trying to start at all?

central unit- look inside the condensor cabinet for a big relay, push it in [use a wooden stick or the like] so that the contacts make, Does the unit try to start? If no, check the incoming power. If yes, something is wrong in the control circuit.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: