Pressure Switch Stuck Closed

Old 06-23-09, 12:47 PM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Pressure Switch Stuck Closed

I have a coleman g8c07512mub12g HVAC system. I have recently had a control board replaced because of a lightning strike. The heat was working fine when the control board was replaced, but no one ever checked the A/C. I tried to turn on the A/C and the control board flashes twice (indicating pressure switch closed), and no fan or anything else turns on. The heat still works fine.

Would you think this is a bad pressure switch even though the same pressure switch works for the heat?

Please advice me on how to proceed.

Thanks

Old 06-23-09, 05:28 PM
D
There is no direct relationship between the pressure switch and the cooling. I think you have 2 problems.

Old 06-24-09, 04:31 AM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
I'am not familiar with Coleman numbers, is this a heat pump?

Old 07-12-09, 07:19 AM
A
Originally Posted by daddyjohn
There is no direct relationship between the pressure switch and the cooling. I think you have 2 problems.
So you're saying that the pressure switch has nothing to do with the cooling system? Why is it that the heat works fine.

I dont think this is a heat pump system, it uses natural gas for heating and there is a condenser outside for cooling.

Here is a link to my system:
http://www.yorkupg.com/PDFFiles/035-...001-E-0805.pdf

What two problems do you think i could possibly be having? Any troubleshooting steps i can follow?

Old 07-12-09, 12:42 PM
D
You have a stuck closed pressure switch problem and a cooling problem = 2. Dont assume that whoever replaced the board knew what they were doing.

The pressure switch senses the presenece of combustion airn[proves the inducer fan is running]. Would you want the furnace to start if there were no combustion air? I wouldn't. If you're getting a reading that the pressure switch is stuck closed and the burners will still start up ok, something is wrong.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: