Trane XE 90 Circulation Fan

Old 06-25-09, 01:20 PM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Trane XE 90 Circulation Fan

I have a TRANE XE 90 blower with furnace and AC. The circulation fan on this has stopped running. The AC runs but the circulation fan fails to start.
I have tried cooling, heating and plain fan but the fan does not start.
Though while turning on the heat, the ignition happens and the ignition fan runs but the blower fans does not.
The LED on the control panel blinks at 1/sec. Manual says it means "No Call To Heat".
I have tried shutting off the power for a few minutes but that doesnt seem to help.
The Thermostat is White Rogers and it does *not* have any low battery indicator.
I have tried giving the circulation fan a manual shove but that does not help either (suspecting capacitor problems)
I have also tried the condensate drain but to no avail.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by rnakhan; 06-25-09 at 01:57 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 06-25-09, 04:09 PM
D
Is the circulatiom motor hot to the touch? I mean temperature not an electric shock.

Old 06-25-09, 07:46 PM
R
No its not. When I do push the switch there is a very faint hum that likely comes from the motor. There is no movement and again this hum is extremely faint and could hear it only because the unit is in the basement.

Old 06-25-09, 08:30 PM
D
It could be a bad capacitor. Simplest thing to do is try replacing it, you might get lucky.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: