Bypass Defrost Board

Old 07-09-09, 01:40 PM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Bypass Defrost Board

A few weeks ago we had a close lightning strike and my AC wouldn't cool. The AC tech came out and said it was my defrost board and that he could bypass it (with our permission) until he got a replacement. He did, and we had cold air. The new board came in and he swapped boards and everything was fine.

Yesterday, we again had a close lightning strike and my AC is showing the exact same signs. He didn't over charge me or anything, its just that our town got really hammered yesterday and he can't get out here soon enough (its 95 degrees).

Can someone tell me how to bypass this board. When I manually depress the contactor the compressor starts right up so I am almost sure its the board again. The board model# is: CES0110063-02

Thanks
Dan

Old 07-09-09, 03:56 PM
K
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Even though I just sent one to my sister,I would not feel comfortable telling you how to bypass it without one in front of me.Maybe one of the other guys who work on alot of residential units can. However, to prevent future problems do what you should do with your computer..shut it off during lightening storms.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: