Blower motor burned up

Old 07-10-09, 03:50 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Blower motor burned up

Where do i find the brand for my central AC unit. How do I find the right blower to replace. I have the model # and thats it. MCE42-15D2F-6. Its 100+ degrees here now and I need help asap. thank you

Old 07-10-09, 06:22 PM
D
When you say blower motor, you mean the one for the indoor fan, correct? If you will list the specifications on the motor [from the datatag on the motor] we can find you a replacement. First of all, is it direct drive or belt drive? Then you need voltage, speed, amps, frame #, horsepower, rpm, and also measure the diameter of the motor. It is probably an open construction on the shell, meaning there are probably a lot of openings in the shell for airflow. Last thing is to measure is the shaft. This booklet will help you:

Fasco - FHP Replacement Motors - Fasco Facts - Time Saving Motor Replacement Tips

Old 07-11-09, 06:03 AM
S
forgrt the unit model number we need the info off the motor itself ...if it is a supply fan motor on the furnace try Grainger Industrial Supply to match it you should have one local to you and be open on saturdays...new capacitor with it also if you get it.if you don't see CW/CCW diretion on the old motor then pay attention to the new one on that item..frame size ...rpms critical when matching it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: