Trane -oil leak?

Old 07-13-09, 08:52 AM
J
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question Trane -oil leak?

Trane XL 15 variable speed installed 6/07. There is some type of oily substance coming from the air handler where the coil ect. connects to it. I mentioned this when the yearly maintenance was done 2008. The a/c person could not find anything. I am not sure what he checked but he put some foam stuff over the pipes. I stuck a paper towel around the pipes and over the months it is now real oily and saturated. I am getting ready for another maintenance check, what should I have him look for?

Old 07-13-09, 09:41 AM
I
Forum Topic Moderator
Upvotes: 0
Received 45 Upvotes on 43 Posts
Sounds like it is probably a Freon leak from the air conditioner coil. I will move your post to the heating and AC forum to reach the experts there.

Old 07-13-09, 05:06 PM
C
Received 8 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Sounds like a freon leak. Since you see the oil spot already, they should find the leak easily. (call a tech to fix the leak, let's hope the leak is outside of the coil, so you don't have to get a new coil which cost a lot of money)

Old 07-13-09, 06:12 PM
D
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
if it's the coil, it should be in warranty [the coil that is]. If it's a connection that was done during the installation, the whole job should be free.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: