Lennox condensor noisy inside

Old 07-21-09, 10:35 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Angry Lennox condensor noisy inside

The Lennox condensor of my A/C system is connected to our 3 year old home outside the wall of the guest bathroom. When it is running, it makes a loud buzzing noise inside the bathroom. I have had the original installing company's supervisor of installation examine all parts of the condensor. He says there is no vibration from improper installation, but that the unit is highly efficient so that it pushes the refrigerant very hard through the line in the wall and we are hearing "just the ordinary noise of the running of the condensor." He is trying to find an insulating sleeve to put over the compressor inside the condensor. He also says his condensor makes the same loud noise inside his house! I have had 3 other a/c repair men , several handyman friends, the installation department of Sears, and a professional house cleaning company tell me they have never heard a condensor make such a loud noise inside anyone's home and it sounds improperly installed. My home is 1515 Sq. Feet and the A/C system is a 12 seer, 3 ton. It blows so hard inside, my eyes are dry and irritated all the time and you can't hear the TV in the livingroom near the handler intake grill the size of a 36" television.What are the possibilites of the cause of buzzing noise and chances that it can be eliminated? It is very nerve wracking when in this room with the door closed!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-09, 11:24 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kneadmuscles53 View Post
but that the unit is highly efficient so that it pushes the refrigerant very hard through the line in the wall and we are hearing "just the ordinary noise of the running of the condensor.

the A/C system is a 12 seer, 3 ton.
This is not a high efficient system. As a matter of fact it's the lowest SEER you could buy at the time. The noise could be from the compressor and a sound blanket may help. It could also be the refrigerant lines if they are screwed to the joists,studs in the home. With the air blowing so hard it's possible that the ducts are too small. I would pay an HVAC company to come in and do a Manual J and a Manual D on your home. This will tell what size system should be in there and what the duct sizes should have been. The one central return is a cheap way out. Your should have returns in every room except the kitchen and bathrooms.