Condensation - Drip Pan Issue

Old 07-26-09, 02:52 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Condensation - Drip Pan Issue

Hello,

I have a Trane TWV036a140a0 and am having condensation drip problems. The drips are coming from a small 1/2" pvc tube exiting the side (maybe an overflow from the drip pan?) The plumbing seems fine from the two primary exits from the drip pan out the floor. I have an open t connection in the plumbing after the two exits from the pan and before the p-trap and don't believe this is correct. If I cap this open t, the condensation seems not exit the side 1/2" tube. I can also pour a water down the open vent between the p-trap and the main drain that is outside the presurized area where the open t is and it drains fine. I don't think the drip pan is backing up since I have not seen any unusual overflow yet since capping the t. Should I keep this cap on the open t in place? Is it supposed to be open? Any thoughts or suggestions would be welcome.
I can snap a couple of pics if needed.
Thanks,
Scott

Old 07-26-09, 03:27 PM
D
The pipe should not be vented before the P-trap because that negates the traps function. Venting after the trap for flow is ok. I'm thinking maybe the tee ahead of the trap might have been intended as a cleanout.
The pics would help other readers if you feel so inclined. Thanks.

Old 07-26-09, 04:25 PM
S
Daddyjohn,

Thanks for the info. I'll go ahead a run with the cap. Here are a couple of images...

Trane HVAC pictures by smachado1 - Photobucket

Thanks,
Scott

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: