New AC System

Old 08-17-09, 07:20 AM
N
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
New AC System

Hi all. I had a new AC system installed about 3 months ago. Ive been remodeling the rest of the apartment and have no turned it on until now. Right now no one is living in the apartment so I want to make sure now that the system if functioning correctly. Is there an Ideal air temperature for the supply airflow coming out of the registars?? The air dose not feel super cold on my hand. But then again that is probably not the best method. I have access to very precise temperature measuring equipment so I can easily measure the air temp.

Thanks

Old 08-17-09, 08:55 AM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
You want to look for a 18 - 20 degree split between the return air and supply air

Old 08-17-09, 09:47 AM
Arrow Temperature Data

“Copy only the data portions & paste in your Word-Processor, make a couple hard-copies, then send me what you take, & get as much of this data as your Tech will provide for you.” You can delete the (You &/or Tech) before you make hard copies for your Tech.

TROUBLE SHOOTING DATA - (You or Your) HVAC Tech

For my information concerning summer design & your climate, provide your state & nearest large city __________
TONNAGE of Unit or outdoor condenser model number: ___________ You
TXV or orifice metering device? _______You or Tech, - not real critical to this analysis

Outdoor condenser’s discharge-air-temperature _____You
Out-Door temperature: ____You
Condenser air Temp split _____You

Indoor Total-ESP - External Static Pressure _______Tech
All Supply Air velocities in FPM: ___Tech
I’ll do the math for the total CFM:

Suction line pressure ___Tech
Suction-Vapor line temperature: ___Tech
Saturated Suction Temp – Gage - Suction Saturated Temperature. ___Tech
Superheat ______Tech

Head pressure _______Tech
SCT – Gage - Saturated Condensing Temp _______Tech
Small Liquid line - temperature: _______You
Subcooling: _______
Return Air temp DB &, WB or %RH: _______You
Supply Air temp DB &, WB or %RH: _______You

With the information data below and an accurate CFM airflow + sea-level height, I can ball-park its BTUH output
Return Air temp DB &, WB or %RH: ____ ____You
Supply Air temp DB &, WB or %RH: ____ ____You
Take a cotton cloth & wet with room temperature water, wrap it around the thermometer & use it for the wet bulb temps above.

Except for the Pressures, Superheat you can take most of the other Temp readings for me.

You can take the condenser discharge temperature & the small liquid line temperature to get the Subcooling data! Subtract the liquid line temp from the condenser discharge air temp= Subcooling F-Temp.

My advice: to every user, get a low cost humidity gage at a local hardware store & see what the percentage-RH is in your home, I can cross-reference that to the wet bulb depression so you could use the humidity gage instead of wet or use both.

If you want to save money you will take the time when it is hot & warm in the house to take all this temperature data!

Old 08-18-09, 05:22 AM
N
Thanks

HVAC Retired,

Wow that is alot of data. I'm going to borrow some thermocouples from work and collect as much information as I can. Stay tuned.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: