new zone control on Carrier A/C/Furnace

Old 08-17-09, 05:13 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
new zone control on Carrier A/C/Furnace

I have a Carrier AC and Furnace in my home. One of my neihgbors has his own heating and air business and I had him split my system into 2 zones. One upstairs and one Downstairs. It is working great except for one small thing that he and I cant seem to figure out. He said he was going to get some opinions from some other ac guys and get back to me, but I figured I might work it on my end too. It operates fine until after the a/c call is done. The purge cycle begins and then the fan runs for about 90 seconds, there is a clunk (and the air flow decreases for a second) and then it runs for about another 2 minutes and shuts off. He seems to think that the zone control board (honeywell emm-3) Is trying to put the fan into the slower speed for the purge and that Furnace is preventing that from happening because it is only supposed to run the slower speed fan for the heat. Does anyone else have any ideas? Do you think the new zone control might be defective? Thanks for any help you can offer!

Old 08-23-09, 03:12 PM
J
What is the model number of the furnace? Some carrier units have a jumper on the board that needs to be snipped to work with some zoning systems.

Old 08-23-09, 07:26 PM
B
Thanks for your response. I am not sure of the model number but should be able to venture up in the attic on wednesday. Are you talking about the jumper for the fan off delay that is currently set to 90 seconds? I had thought about taking it off all together to see what happened.

Old 08-26-09, 07:02 AM
B
Johnson,

The model number of the Furnace/air handler is 58STA090-10116. Manufactured in December of 2003. Hope this helps!

Old 08-28-09, 08:35 PM
B
Just bumping this up a bit as i listen to the ac doing its thing. I now have it hooked up the original way as it is less noticeable that way ;-) Any other thoughts? i think I may know of the jumper having gone through with opening the front to get the model number.

Old 08-31-09, 08:48 PM
B
Just bumping this a bit and after reading the manual i found online for this unit, the jumper for the run time i realize now is just for the heat side. It looks like I may have to snip the J2 jumper? Does this sound right? Thanks for all you guys do!

Old 09-06-09, 06:58 PM
B
I hate to keep posting on my own post to bump it up, but just hoping that someone somewhere has the answer. JohnsonR1 gave me some hope that the jumper may just have to be clipped for it to work properly. Can anyone confirm or deny this for me? I just want to make sure that my unit is operating properly. Thanks! I have learned so much by reading all of your great advice and troubleshooting steps!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: