A/C issue??

Old 08-28-09, 09:37 AM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
A/C issue??

Hello all-

I was wondering if anyone could help me out here with this problem with an A/C unit I have. Story is 3 months ago I notice its blowing warm air, so I call the tech out and says that there is probably an obstruction in the oriface on the line. I didn't have alot of money at the time, so I just asked him to increase the pressure (he said he put it up to 300) and it got blowing cold once again. Then after most of the summer is over, I'm outside and I hear the unit make strange noises followed by a rather loud wooshing noise sounding like gas escaping rapidly. Well, needless to say the air once again blew warm. I figured something blew! So I let the ac unit sit for about 12 hours in the off position, and then turn it on again. Cold air! about 18 degree temp split at vents. The only thing I do notice is when holding my hand at the vent the air flow seems to differ in strength. Up and down up and down. Some vents have hardly any pressure, and some have quite a bit. Anyone have any thoughts here? Summer is almost over anyhow, so Its really not any emergency or anything. Thank you very much for taking the time to read this.

Old 08-28-09, 09:43 AM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
so I just asked him to increase the pressure
Increase what pressure?

Old 08-28-09, 12:52 PM
B
I am assuming freon pressure

Old 08-28-09, 02:06 PM
J
Good way to kill a compressor.

Old 08-29-09, 03:55 PM
K
As dun11 indicated. that is not a good way to correct a problem but to make it worse in the long run.The whooshing noise would have been the internal relief valve inside the compressor due to an extreme high pressure.Why was it thought a plugged orifice?Have the tech{or a different tech} remove some refrigerant before it destroys {if not already done} the compressor. Not sure where you live but use fans.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: