Primary Condensation Drain Not Draining

Old 09-01-09, 07:45 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Primary Condensation Drain Not Draining

I noticed this problem when I saw water dripping in front of our kitchen window. I presumed that the secondary condensation drain line from our attic in our 2 story home was trying to give me a sign. So I go up into the attic and I see that water was accumulating in the pan and draining to the outside of the house (I'm glad that is working). I then followed the primary drain line from the unit, across the attic floor, down into the wall which emptied into a rubber hose connected to the sink drain, right before the sink P-trap.
I disconnected the hose and found no water was coming out, but I did feel cold air coming out of it. I stuck a wet/dry vac to the end of the hose hoping it would clear things up but was not successful. I still felt cold air coming out. I went back in the attic hoping to access a cleanout but I did not find any. What should I do? Could it be anything other than a clogged drain pipe? When should I call a professional?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Old 09-02-09, 07:52 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 7 Posts
It may not be a clogged pipe. If you can feel the cold air, that means it is not clogged. You can test it by pour a cup of water from the top, and see if you get the water at the bottom. May be for some reason, the water does not go to the primary drain anymore, may be the unit lose or tilt to different position. you need to open up the box and see what is going on in there.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: