Alot of Water leaking from condensation pipe to outside

Old 09-15-09, 07:01 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Alot of Water leaking from condensation pipe to outside

My central A/C unit is leaking alot of water within a few minutes of turning on.. There is a pvc pipe that exits the attic where the water is draining from. Its never had this much water comming out as the stucco on the side of my house is starting to get damaged. What is the causes of this and can I fix it? Any help would be much appreciated thanks..

Old 09-15-09, 07:55 PM
S
pipe it a bit away from the stucco if your humid out there the water is normal..do you have an emergency pan under the air handler in the attic that might be piped outside also?

Old 09-15-09, 10:43 PM
M
yes the pan is also piped to go outside yet the pan was dry the water is coming from a alternate pipe from air handler... could it before from a damper system thats not working properly and causing a back up in air flow thus creatiing more condensation?

Old 09-16-09, 03:58 AM
S
you could be buiding up ice if the dampers are stacking the air in the discharge duct..then the ice drops down during the off cycle.check the insulation under the fan housing see if it is wet.....ice missing the pan when it falls off.if your secondary pan is dry the main pan inside is catching it all.need to move that air across that evaporator coil as fast as possible with no restrictions...have you seen any ice at the insulated line at the air handler or out on the same line into the condenser?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: