Moving Multi-Split External Unit

Old 10-31-09, 05:06 AM
E
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Moving Multi-Split External Unit

I have an external multi-split system, which services 2 rooms. I need to disconnect and move this unit a distance of one yard, in order to repair a staircase damaged by subsidence. I have been quoted the equivalent of $370 USD for the job, which seems excessive. How would I set about doing the job myself and merely paying a professional to, say, re-gas the system.

Old 10-31-09, 07:50 AM
C
Received 7 Upvotes on 7 Posts
I believe you are talking about the condenser unit. I don't know the law or freon rules in Spain. In U.S., you need to recover the freon first (by a licensed/certified tech), then disconnect the pipes and wires, move(and/or move back), reconnect, and then re-fill the system (again by a licenced tech) . If you don't move the unit back, then you have to extend those pipes and wires. $370 for this project in U.S. is a good deal, not excessive at all..

Old 10-31-09, 09:33 AM
Received 8 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Could not be done correctly in the US for that kind of money. Pump system down, cut loose, move pad, install new lines and dryer, new whip, nitrogen pressure test, Vac lines, charge. Id say 6 hours at $75 an hour = $450 plus materials. easy $600 dollar job.

Old 11-04-09, 04:29 PM
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by eeny99
I have an external multi-split system, which services 2 rooms. I need to disconnect and move this unit a distance of one yard, in order to repair a staircase damaged by subsidence. I have been quoted the equivalent of $370 USD for the job, which seems excessive. How would I set about doing the job myself and merely paying a professional to, say, re-gas the system.

Cheap and sounds like a side job

Originally Posted by airman.1994
Could not be done correctly in the US for that kind of money. Pump system down, cut loose, move pad, install new lines and dryer, new whip, nitrogen pressure test, Vac lines, charge. Id say 6 hours at $75 an hour = $450 plus materials. easy $600 dollar job.

More like it ++

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: