Ducted ACSON not working E03

Old 11-05-09, 05:37 PM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Ducted ACSON not working E03

Hi

Any help would be most appreciated.

I have an acson ducted unit, the outdoor compressor does not seem to be working. I have checked that all cables are plugged in, the fuse box seems ok. The LED control inside says flashing E03 which from research may be Compressor 2 high temperature(overload).

Some of the indoor vents have air coming out but it is not cold. Some vents have no air coming out.

I have read that a thermostat reset may help but I dont know how to do this.

Thanks in advance.

Old 11-06-09, 12:09 AM
Is this a ducted mini-split

----Some of the indoor vents have air coming out but it is not cold. Some vents have no air coming out.---

Sounds like it is zoned with a zone not working.

I would reset all power and see what happens which will reset your t-stat unless it has batteries.

Old 11-07-09, 03:04 PM
R
Originally Posted by GRIMKNOTME
Is this a ducted mini-split

----Some of the indoor vents have air coming out but it is not cold. Some vents have no air coming out.---

Sounds like it is zoned with a zone not working.

I would reset all power and see what happens which will reset your t-stat unless it has batteries.
ducted yes but no mini-split

I have gone through all the menu options and cannot find any zones.

I have turned main powers off, will this reset the t-stat?

thanks for the tip

Old 11-08-09, 04:18 AM
Cutting all power off should reset t-stat , unless you have batteries in it , try it , but if outside unit not working after that ,a high pressure switch in o.s unit may be keping it from running

One end of this contactor should have 220+- volts on it with all power on to unit , when you turn on ac/heatpump the piece in the middle should pull in , (you may have two bars instead of one) , and you get the same voltage thru both ends of contactor is in outside unit as far as getting heat from heat pump , possible problems ; lo/high pressure switch = no freon,bad fan motor bad switch ,control board

If contactor does not pull in on heatpump with heat/cool on at t-stat with power on , you have a prob b4 outside unit

DO NOT FINGER TOUCH ANY METAL WIRING OR YOU WILL FEEL IT

The vents with no air coming out may be returns sucking air back in I hope.

Last edited by GRIMKNOTME; 11-08-09 at 04:59 AM.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: