Goodman gmp075-3 gas furnace control board problem

Old 12-10-09, 05:44 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Goodman gmp075-3 gas furnace control board problem

i have a Goodman gmp075-3 gas furnace and i replaced my control board (b18099-13) because of flooding , with a replacement board (made by icmcontrolls ) icm280c and the flame cycles for 4 sec then goes out i replaced the flame sensor but no help.

as a last resort i have 2 zone heating and took the board out of the second unit and everything works perfect.

so i called were i bought it from and they sent a replacement. put in replacement and same problem 4 sec flame on and cycles over and over.

is this board also bad or is this brand not compatible with my system

Last edited by Jarredsdad; 12-11-09 at 05:58 PM. Reason: clarity.
Old 12-11-09, 05:59 PM
How about trying the ICM board in the unit that didn't flood?

Old 12-12-09, 02:45 PM
D
Originally Posted by Jarredsdad
How about trying the ICM board in the unit that didn't flood?
i just did same results. i did get a chance to talk with tech support at icm control told me to short r & w together the wires from the thermostat i did and unit fired up and stayed up they said that my thermostat was causing a problem with the board that it was inducing a square wave ( have a hunter 44760) & i need to get one that uses a relay. a honeywell or something like it. went & got a honeywell rth7500d & a ritetemp 6080. couldn't get the ritetemp to work at all tried the honeywell did the same 4 seconds of flame & it repeats. put card form my second unit thermostat works fine unit works fine. so i still have one unit still down anyone know how to make this work. tia

Last edited by doctech; 12-12-09 at 03:52 PM.
Old 01-03-10, 05:48 AM
M
if the unit was submerged in water it needs to be replaced .also icm boards suck .

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: