Best air conditioner

Old 01-21-10, 04:40 PM
W
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Best air conditioner

I'm finishing a 1200sqft garage apartment at our lake house and need a good, reliable brand air conditioner that won't break the bank. I like Trane but fear that it is too expensive for the project. Any ideas? How many tons do I need for Indiana?

Old 01-21-10, 07:20 PM
Received 8 Upvotes on 8 Posts
The best equipment is the one that is sized and installed correctly. The cheaper equipment most of the time comes with improperly installed equipment. This will lead to higher energy cost and more issue with the equipment. Your contractor will do a heat load to tell you the size of the equipment.

Old 01-22-10, 03:59 PM
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WFMitchell
I'm finishing a 1200sqft garage apartment at our lake house and need a good, reliable brand air conditioner that won't break the bank. I like Trane but fear that it is too expensive for the project. Any ideas? How many tons do I need for Indiana?
IMO, Goodman equipment is okay with a good warranty, the main thing is the quality of the installation along with a properly designed quality duct system & correct airflow.

Do what you can to reduce air infiltration & the heatload, prior to sizing the equipment. - Darrell

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: