Carrier Residential Package Units

Old 02-06-10, 06:15 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Carrier Residential Package Units

I have 2 carrier package unti and I can't seem to find much about them on the web. Does anyone have a link to a larger data base of their old units... The newer of these 2 was made in 99 ?I think the first 4 in the serial number are 1899 which I think means it was made in the 18th week in 1999. Does anyone have a good source or a pdf or something with a good explanation on how to read their model numbers??
I would aprreciate any help I get.
Thanks,
TeeJay

Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-10, 06:43 PM
Actually posting a Model number might be of great help in finding information. Do you think??

You are correct. The current serial number system means that the first 4 being 1899 - 18th week 1999.

Old 02-06-10, 07:57 PM
T
Yeah the model number would be helpful but what I really need is a guide to the model numbers. I have a good one for lennox units but not for carrier.... I have to run these down a lot.

one of them is 48GX-024060301AD (2 TON 12 SEER.... BTU?????)
the other was faded and hard to read...48nl1042300 (3.5 TON, ?? SEER, BTU??, approx age?? serial number was faded)

Last edited by TeeJayShelton; 02-06-10 at 08:09 PM. Reason: More info
Old 02-07-10, 06:50 AM
First, lets get something straight.

The purpose of this site it to help homeowners make maintain and repair their own homes. We are not here to help "professionals" do their homework.

So far you have asked about "your" Carrier units, a Lennox unit, and solicited a couple in California by adding your weblink in a post (which I deleted).

If you have issues with "your" HVAC, plumbing, electrical, garden, driveway, etc, feel free to ask. Asking questions about different units to get us to do your homework will not fly.

And, if you have some information which might help the original poster get through whatever is happening with his/her home, feel free to jump into the discussion.

DO NOT post any link that is of a professional nature that you may or may not benefit from. There are no ads here and there will not be. We are here to help, not to sell.

That said, I'll answer your question.
Your guess as to serial numbers was correct. The older number scheme was a pain. You literally needed scratch paper and a multi decade calender.

Models are still tricky and there is no matrix (that I'm aware of) to encompass all models. Here is the breakdown for what you provided.

48GX-024060301AD

48GX - Single packaged gas heating/electric cooling.
024 - 24000 btu's (2 tons) nominal cooling capacity.
060 - 60000 heating level (Btuh).
3 - voltage code 208/230 - 1- 60 (volts/phase/Hz)
0 - Series
1 - Packaging
AD - Options (in this case - Louvered Grill)

Your best bet for info like this is to go to Carrier here:
Air conditioning, Heating, and Ventilation, Applied and Unitary HVAC Equipment, and HVAC Service solutions from Carrier
Go to literature/search and look for product data forms in the results.

Take heed, the DIY Mod Gods are always watching. Word to the wise.