Loud vibrating sound

Old 02-07-10, 07:16 AM
N
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Loud vibrating sound

Hi, my outside unit makes a horrible loud vibrating sound everyday. It only does it at certain times but it wakes me up every single night. I have looked around on the internet but haven't found the cause yet. Does anyone have any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!!

Old 02-07-10, 07:40 AM
H
Is it a heatpump and while your running heat?

Old 02-07-10, 07:46 AM
N
Thanks for the response. It did it when we had the air on as well. Seems to happen a lot more now. I'm not really knowledgeable but its the outside unit for heat and air. Do you think it could be something not mounted correctly? I don't know if thats it because its really loud. Sorry I can't provide more info.

Old 02-07-10, 07:57 AM
H
Have you tryed to touch the unit and find the vibration.. Just tuch different parts of the unit and see if you can make an effect on the vibration... It might be a mechnical failure, or just a good ol loose bolt. You fan motor is mounted to a schroud and then to the unit... Maybe a bolt or two has come loose.. If something doesnt seam right turn the breaker (disconnect) off next to the unit..

And by mechanical failure I mean like bearings going bad but still allowing a motor to run

Old 02-07-10, 08:07 AM
N
I am trying to get it to do it again and I will go out and look at it. Thanks and I will reply as soon as it gets loud again.. thanks again

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: