Friedrich worth the money

Old 03-23-10, 09:51 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Friedrich worth the money

Hi All-

I've recently moved into an awesome apartment in an 1895 Manhattan brownstone. I'm on the third floor with a very very sunny southern exposure. Last week the outside temperatures touched 75F and my inside thermometer read out at 82. Needless to say, I'll need a good air conditioner for this summer.

I followed several different calculations and determined that I'll need an approximately 12,000 BTU window unit. This is a rental, so window unit is my only option. I have been doing my research and asking around and have determined that I should go with one of the following for my living/dining/kitchen main room:
-Sharp is super quiet, costs around $400
-Friedrich is even quieter, lasts forever, and costs around $750

Is it worth it to spend nearly twice the money for the Friedrich? I've learned that they are no longer American-made and that one of the big advantages is the slide-out chassis. Since I will be having either unit professionally installed, I really don't care how easy or difficult it is to install. I just want something that cools well with minimal noise.

Bottom line: does Friedrich live up to their reputation of being super quiet and long-lasting?

Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-10, 06:06 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I wouldnt spend that kind of money on a window a/c unit
I would double check your sizing, the longer it runs the more moisture you will remove . I would rather be undersized then oversized.
take a look at these Air Conditioners - Best Room Air Conditioner Reviews