Dripping AC Coil

Old 04-04-10, 03:39 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Dripping AC Coil

Hi,

I have a Carrier unit that has a dripping coil unit.
The A/C is working fine but the water vapor is not running down to the bottom of the coil where the drain pan is. Some of it does but a good part of it just drip down below the area behind the filter. The coil is not frozen up it is working fine but the install angle might be to shallow so the water vapor is pulled by gravity down instead of running down the bottom of the coil.

Members: what are my options here? should I call out a pro to try to re-level the unit? (however it seems to be level) or the blower motor may need to be replaced with one that can suck the air harder and thus the vapor is forced to run down the coil.

Thank you members.

Old 04-04-10, 05:53 PM
Received 8 Upvotes on 8 Posts
there are only a couple of things that can cause this. One is the coil is dirty. Coils should be cleaned every year. Two wrong kind of filter in the unit. This is usually on commercial equipment. Three so units have an extra air deflector that comes with the equipment that has to be field installed I have not seen one in years but it keeps the fan from pulling the water off the coil.

Old 04-05-10, 04:35 PM
S
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Wink You got it

Airman,

You got it. It was a dirty coil. Sprayed on some coil cleaner from Frost King and the unit is now working just fine. I picked the Frost king to the other brand coz it was no-rinse.

Thank you members.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: