Status light won't stay lit on blower

Old 04-08-10, 05:06 AM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Status light won't stay lit on blower

Everything was running fine when I was heating my home (I have central air). I just switched the thermostat to "cool" to activate the centrail air conditioning. The unit outside turned on and seems to be working, but the blower inside my home will not turn on. The red status light near the blower turns on when the switch is depressed (the safety switch that the cover depresses when on) but quickly goes off and does not stay lit. Any ideas what I should check first? Thanks!

Old 04-08-10, 11:44 AM
E
will the fan turn on from the t stat if u turn it to fan on? if the fan works on heat it should work on cool. but if the light goes off it indicates u have lost power. check for loose connections

Old 04-08-10, 08:40 PM
D
Originally Posted by ender2272
will the fan turn on from the t stat if u turn it to fan on? if the fan works on heat it should work on cool. but if the light goes off it indicates u have lost power. check for loose connections
It's weird because the light is off but i turned the heat on and everything worked great (blower turned on). The only problem I have is that the blower won't turn on with the ac....I'm thinking of changing the thermostat, what do u think?

Old 04-09-10, 08:31 PM
D
Originally Posted by DIYgk
It's weird because the light is off but i turned the heat on and everything worked great (blower turned on). The only problem I have is that the blower won't turn on with the ac....I'm thinking of changing the thermostat, what do u think?
Changed thermostat with no luck. Blower working fine with heat, just not with AC or if I turn the switch to Fan (on the Tstat).

Old 04-10-10, 04:03 PM
Make, model and serial number of what we are trying to fix here?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: