No Power to Downstairs Thermostat

Old 05-02-10, 02:13 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
No Power to Downstairs Thermostat

Okay so I woke up this morning to a hot house. I have a two story house, one thermostat on each floor but only one AC unit outside. The thermostat upstairs has power but the one downstairs does not. So I figure maybe it's busted so I switch the thermostats. Eventually the one that is now downstairs loses power, and the one now upstairs has power. So it's not the thermostat, I don't think. Any help would be appreciated. I have two ICM SC2001 thermostat units and a ComfortMaker furnace in the attic.

I had problems when the summer came with the coil being frozen among many other problems, but had a service technician come repair all of it and the AC has been working for about a month now, only to have a thermostat with no power this morning.

The thermostats both have 24vac power I believe. The downstairs one has G O B Y W C R wires plugged in and the upstairs only has Y W C R plugged in. I can get pictures of the furnace and thermostats if need be. No fuses blown in the circuit breaker. I checked for some fuses in the furnace but couldn't really find any. Also the furnace has no filter to my knowledge. Looked all around and inside and found nothing. Hope this is enough info let me know if anyone needs any more info.

Old 05-02-10, 02:30 PM
E
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
I'd want to confirm power to R in downstairs stat, before speculating any further. Test between R and C.

Old 05-02-10, 03:01 PM
E
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Looks like the downstairs turns it on and the upstairs has a damper right? I mean you cannot turn the unit on from upstairs, is this correct? And i agree, check power between r and c for 24v. also u should really put a filter somewhere if it has none.

Old 05-02-10, 06:11 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 72 Upvotes on 65 Posts
What model zone control do you have?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: