PLEASE help with Heil 13 seer model hhp048aka1

Old 05-20-10, 05:21 AM
K
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
PLEASE help with Heil 13 seer model hhp048aka1

I came home yesterday to discover warm air from ac vents. I went outside and discovered the unit wasn't working. I shut off the outside breaker and turned the thermostats off. Opened the panel to look for any tupe of reset or breaker. Turned the outside breaker back on and then the inside thermostats. The compressor fired up and it started blowing cooler air. The fan never came on and the compressor began to get hot and smell a little, so I turned the breaker off. Please tell me I have a simple fix!

Thanks

Old 05-20-10, 06:27 AM
K
UPDATE, I went outside this morning and pushed the fan blade with a stick and it wasn't siezed or anything. Upon turning the ac on again everything fired up. We now have ac! However! (theres always a however) when I turned the ac off at the thermostat and then back on the unit will not start up. I'm guessing this is some type of switch or start cap problem?

Old 05-20-10, 11:38 AM
That is a job for an A/C tech, don't mess with areas where you could get electrocuted.

The tech can test the electrical circuits & components & fix the problem.

Old 05-20-10, 02:29 PM
E
could be a capacitor, but sounds like fan motor is getting too hot and shutting off and wont come back on till its cooled off. so yes it seems like a simple fix, not a cheap one tho. 400 roughly

Old 05-24-10, 01:04 PM
K
New OEM motor (119.00) Start cap (20.00) just plug and play and we now have smooth running cold ac!! Most difficult thing was that the capacitor didn't have any type of mounting bracket and the diameter was a little too narrow for the opening. I had to get some clamps to lock it into place. 140.00 not bad for total cost of repair. I've got a bad feeling the compressor may not be far behind. Just hope I can get one more season out of it.

Old 06-10-10, 05:26 AM
Installed a new OEM motor, way to go...

Originally Posted by kdixon1029
New OEM motor (119.00) Start cap (20.00) just plug and play and we now have smooth running cold ac!! Most difficult thing was that the capacitor didn't have any type of mounting bracket and the diameter was a little too narrow for the opening. I had to get some clamps to lock it into place. 140.00 not bad for total cost of repair. I've got a bad feeling the compressor may not be far behind. Just hope I can get one more season out of it.
Well, it appears you knew what you were doing by getting & installing a new OEM motor.

Check all the conductors & terminals including the contactor relay contact points, drops in voltage can cause compressor burnouts!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: