Advise for a Replacement - Central AC

Old 05-24-10, 07:14 PM
W
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Advise for a Replacement - Central AC

Our current Lennox unit (HS18-261-C10P) is 21 years old and isn't working very well. While it still cools our house some, it never shuts off. Seems time for new one.

Choices are lengthy. Any advise you could provide would be appreciated.

Makes: Lennox (has served us well), KeepRite (wouldn't be my first choice but a relative of a close friend installs them and says they are gfood value). Trabe, Rheem.

SEER: 13, 14 , 15 .....

Features: 2-stage motors, coil dryers. noise reduction etc.

By the way, we live in SW Ontario. Summers are warm and quite muggy with a lot of smog.

Thanks!

Old 05-24-10, 09:07 PM
E
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
13 seer would work fine but you get a 1500 tax credit, not money but credit, with a 16 seer system, ive never heard of keeprite but if u know the guy the try it. dont go for 2 stage motor or 2 stage compressor and i have never heard of a coil dryer before. a basic 13 seer r410 with a non variable speed motor works just fine if you ask me, but the variable speed motor will remove huge amounts of humidity if thats what your looking for. but smog....you could install a once a year 5 inch filter, not sure if it helps with smog though. hope this helps, and dont trust me ask around

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: