AC leaking water

Old 05-28-10, 12:10 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
AC leaking water

My air conditioner is leaking water out of the bottom of my furnace. At first I thought the coil was freezing, but there is no indications of it. I changed my filters and checked the drain. It is draining properly. I suspect the pan has rusted through, and the water will eventually damage the furnace.

I canít see any way to gain access to the coil. Iím thinking of slicing the rubber piece and maybe I can see the pan and possibly seal it. Then Iíll reseal it with duct tape or maybe glue some new rubber over the hole. Any ideas?

Old 05-28-10, 04:14 PM
Received 8 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Can't see where the coil is from that pic can you take one from the water heater side.

Old 05-28-10, 10:00 PM
B
The drain line is at the bottom of the rubber piece, so I'm guessing the pan is at the top of the furnace where it connects to the rubber piece.

Old 05-30-10, 07:06 AM
Received 8 Upvotes on 8 Posts
That is a bad install! You don't have any panels that can be removed so you will have to cut it! We can help you with this but I would recommend calling a hvac company and they can clean the coil at the same time. This should be done because it has never been done. This would save you good money!

Old 05-30-10, 09:46 AM
B
OK, thanks for your help.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: