HIgh Pressure trip?

Old 06-01-10, 06:27 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
HIgh Pressure trip?

I"m having an issue with my Carrier unit. I had someone come out and do some diagnostics on it. Diagnostics included hooking up pressure gauges to the unit to see why it was tripping. It appeared that the unit was tripping on and off due to high and low pressure trips on the circiut. (I'm certainly no tech so I apologize if my lingo is off).

I removed the air filter in the unit in the basement as well as opened all vents fully. This still caused the unit to have increased pressures such that the unit tripped. The only recommendation they could come up with is to flush or evacuate (I believe that was the term he used) the unit for an estimated cost of $1,000. Before I give him the go ahead I just wanted to see if this was reasonable. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Last edited by Jarredsdad; 06-01-10 at 07:41 PM.
Old 06-01-10, 07:43 PM
Can't be high AND low pressure. Most likely high pressure and you need your outside coil cleaned. Not $1000. Post what was said on the service report.

Old 06-02-10, 02:37 PM
E
yes i agree, most likely clean your condenser. company i work for charges 75 dollars plus service call for that. although it could be a blockage in the line at the coil/expansion valve. but if that were the case you would probably have a low suction pressure as well. but still 1000 for blowing it out seems pretty high. and its probably extremely unlikely, but if its overcharged with freon it would also produce a very high head pressure.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: