Water Problem in Furnace

Old 06-16-10, 12:32 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Water Problem in Furnace

My furnace was installed 2 years ago with the A-coil, just recently had the Ac hooked up when they tested it, it worked great but it was not a humid day everything went fine but now that we have had a wicked few days of humid weather I have discovered a problem,the force of the fan on the coil is causing water to spray off the A-coil onto the duct work and then leak out any small crack in the duct work and run down inside the furnace, The company who installed the furnace is out of business and since the AC company did not install the A-coil they will not do anything. any ideas on how to stop this, P.S. I already reduced the fan speed it helped but still having same problem.

Old 06-16-10, 02:48 PM
E
you can make sure that the drain line coming out of the coil comes out of the lowest possible opening. i imagine that the furnace sits horizontally, would i be correct?

Old 06-24-10, 01:57 AM
S
There's a drainage tray running around the perimeter of the coil (inside). It sounds like it's getting clogged and too much condensate water is present.

Old 06-24-10, 07:48 AM
P
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Check to see if your drain line isn't clogged...this could happened.water overflows on top of the pan and finds its way to the duct work or even inside the furnace.condensation and high humidity can cause the above symptoms.where is your drain line exiting?

Old 06-24-10, 05:07 PM
M
yes the furnace sits horizontal on the floor

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: