how to turn on A/C

Old 06-21-10, 02:46 AM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
how to turn on A/C

Hello guys, i'd just like to ask a small question, cos my wife and i always argue about how to turn on the A/C. She says that before you set the A/C on "COOL", you have to leave it on "FAN" first for around 15 mins. Is this true? is there a need to "warmup" the a/c on fan or can you just put it straight to COOL directly when turning it on.

Funny really cos we fight over the issue from time to time cos it gets really hot and i get really impatient and what it to cool down fast lol. thanks for the help!

Old 06-21-10, 04:24 AM
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
There's no need to turn the fan "ON" before you start the system.. Just close your windows, and switch to "COOL", and let the system do it's job. Lot of us don't advise running the fan in "ON" mode in the summer since that can cause the humidity to rise in the home, just leave it on "AUTO".

The only time a person needs to let the system "Warm up" is on heat pump or older system that has crank case heater if the system main power has been shut off for a long time.

Old 06-21-10, 04:26 AM
Super Moderator
Received 68 Upvotes on 62 Posts
Talking Please be nice to your wife when you tell her HUH???

No, there is no need to warm up the fan.
The sooner you fire up the cooling the sooner you will stop sweating.

Old 06-21-10, 01:34 PM
F
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
please come back and let us know how your wife took it that she was wrong hopefully you make a full recovery

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: