Water leaking in side the Furnace

Old 06-23-10, 01:59 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Water leaking in side the Furnace

2yrs ago Had new high efficiency furnace installed and had A-coil put inside of duct work, did not have the money for both,at the time. Had Ac company hook up AC this year, but there is water leaking down into the furnace, AC company won't do anything and the furnace company who did original work is no longer in business I took a part some of the to duct work and looked inside, the problem is the fan blows water off the A-coil onto the duct work, the A-coil tray has a half inch gap all the way round it. The water sits on the ledge that supports the A-coil then it drips down the duct work into the furnace. I turn down the furnace fan speed and that helped but did not stop the problem, any suggestions.

Old 06-23-10, 02:57 PM
E
if u would answer my question i could help you. does it sit horizontally or vertically?

Old 06-23-10, 04:23 PM
M
The A-coil sits horizontally

Old 06-24-10, 08:07 AM
P
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Check if the water pan drain attachment is screwed in properly on the side of the furnace.check the drain pipe for clogging.put the drain line vertical and collect it inside a large bucket and see if it makes a difference.some contractors make a hole in the concrete slab to evacuate the water"bad idea" and the drain pipe can get clogged if it hits the bottom of the gravel under the slab.that happened to me!

Old 06-24-10, 04:53 PM
M
I checked the drain, the contractor put in a 1inch clear hose so you can see if its clogged the problem I have is when you look in the duct work the fan blows water off the coil onto the duct, but thanks anyway.

Old 06-24-10, 07:38 PM
P
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Condensation can form under the sheet metal piece seperating the blower area from the a coil and drips unto the fan.this can happen in certain situation only.shut the power off and dry the inside of the blower area with a rag.turn it back on and see how it goes.did the technician checked the water pan under the a-coil for leak?

Old 06-26-10, 11:17 AM
M
Yes the technician checked the pan for leaks

Old 06-26-10, 06:23 PM
E
it should have a secondary drain pain under the horizontal coil so that doesnt happen. something tells they put in an upflow coil without a horizontal drain pan

Old 06-27-10, 07:13 PM
M
Sorry I was wrong about the Coil it is a Vertical coil, up flow furnace. the air blows he water all over the sides of the furnace, duct work and then drains down the sides.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: