No air flow from central A/C

Old 06-24-10, 07:08 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
No air flow from central A/C

The central A/C is a York model H1RA018S06D. The house is 11 years old.

When I turned on the A/C, the fan works fine, but there is no air blowing into the rooms. As the heating system works (we can still heat up the house if we want), so I assume the blower works fine.

I replaced the run capacitor, but the problem persists. Before I try further, it is best to seek suggestions from the experts.

Any advice and suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks a lot!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-10, 11:49 AM
You said fan works, which fan ? blower fan or condenser fan ? In house blower fan provides air to your room, heating system uses the same blower fan but the way it controls that same fan is different from A/C system. If the inside blower fan stop working for cooling(only), then, it may be the control module's problem.

Old 06-24-10, 12:10 PM
Originally Posted by clocert View Post
You said fan works, which fan ? blower fan or condenser fan ? In house blower fan provides air to your room, heating system uses the same blower fan but the way it controls that same fan is different from A/C system. If the inside blower fan stop working for cooling(only), then, it may be the control module's problem.
Thanks for the response. The fan in A/C (outside the house) is working, but the blower fan isn't activated when A/C is turned on. The same blower fan works when the heating system is turned on.

Old 06-24-10, 01:26 PM
If you have and know how to use a multi-meter, Open your blower panel, test to see if power gets to your blower terminals in A/C mode, if not, you may have to get a new control module(control board) which is right next to your blower. (When you open the blower panel, make sure the panel cut-off switch is pushed in to test.)

Old 06-26-10, 11:10 PM
Try this...

If you have the ac running and you turn the fan switch on the thermostat from auto to on does the fan come on?
Sounds like the board is bad though.

Old 06-27-10, 07:20 AM
Originally Posted by martymartin View Post
If you have the ac running and you turn the fan switch on the thermostat from auto to on does the fan come on?
Sounds like the board is bad though.
No, the fan doesn't come on.

But I haven't tried what clocert suggested above. Will find time to do so.

Thanks!

Old 06-28-10, 08:34 PM
Originally Posted by clocert View Post
If you have and know how to use a multi-meter, Open your blower panel, test to see if power gets to your blower terminals in A/C mode, if not, you may have to get a new control module(control board) which is right next to your blower. (When you open the blower panel, make sure the panel cut-off switch is pushed in to test.)
I bought one multi-meter and just tried it. There is no power to blower's terminals in A/C mode, while there is when in heating mode. I guess that confirms the board to be bad. Thanks a lot!

Any suggestion where to get a good price for the part? The part is White-Rodgers 50A50-241 (York part # 031-01266-000). Sears has an alternative as 50A55-843 for $179.00.

Thanks.

Old 06-28-10, 08:54 PM
Originally Posted by kev10 View Post
I bought one multi-meter and just tried it. There is no power to blower's terminals in A/C mode, while there is when in heating mode. I guess that confirms the board to be bad. Thanks a lot!

Any suggestion where to get a good price for the part? The part is White-Rodgers 50A50-241 (York part # 031-01266-000). Sears has an alternative as 50A55-843 for $179.00.

Thanks.
Just tried ebay and got one for $81. Hope it will fix the problem.

Thanks.

Old 07-02-10, 06:26 AM
Originally Posted by kev10 View Post
Just tried ebay and got one for $81. Hope it will fix the problem.

Thanks.

Received the control board and it fixed the problem. Thanks!