Not so Goodman problem

Old 06-26-10, 07:58 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Not so Goodman problem

I have a Goodman GMPE100-4 3/4hp Variable Speed Motor that blew an electrical component in the hub. It is connected to a 3.5 ton GOODMAN CLJ42-1 Condensor. I had a tech come out and replaced the hub plus added refrigerant. After he left, I noticed that (1.) It was a lot quieter. (2.) It wasn't cooling down the house (3.) I can't feel any air blowing on the top floor (house is 2 floors + basement) when I used to be able to. (4.) Even my top floor curtains are not bellowing.
The blower is going. I can see and hear it spin. Yes, the filter is supper clean and is cleaned religiously.

Did the hub electric blow-out take out something else? Is this a two stager and I am just not getting the additional CFMs kicking in?

Not an AC guy but mechanically inclined...shade tree style.

Old 07-03-10, 02:21 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Dont really know what you mean by hub, but if a tech worked on it he might have accidentally made the motor start running in reverse. Take panel off unit and watch fan rotate shut off unit and look at the cups in the blower you will see that the pitched or cupped side should be spinning so the cups and pick up the air and push or pull it through the evap coil and into the duct work. make sure that the return is still sucking air and the vents have output.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: