Should I buy a new Air Handler?

Old 06-27-10, 06:08 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Should I buy a new Air Handler?

I have an old air handler (around 30 years) Model: York (Borg Warner) P2UGD12N08001A and a new condenser Model: Payne PA13NR030. I assume these are mismatched. I read that mismatches can be pretty bad..

My home warranty company replaced the condenser, but did not replace the air handler. They said I didn't need to, but after reading online I'm a little concerned about their decision.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-10, 08:20 PM
you already know the answer--------- of course you need a new matching air handler especially if the thing is an antique (30 yrs old)

Old 06-27-10, 08:43 PM
I don't know much about air conditioning, only what I've read online and got from this forum. How do I know which air handler's match my condensor?

Old 06-28-10, 08:05 AM
If your system produces top notch performance, no need to change anything. Your question about how do you know which air handler match your system, here is my answer: if they perform well, they match. For a diy home owner(don't have HVAC tools), check these 4items: temp split, in house air flow, outside pipe and condenser air temp, and cycle time.