Lennox AC HS25 not working~Did hubby screw up wiring?

Old 07-01-10, 06:07 PM
E
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Lennox AC HS25 not working~Did hubby screw up wiring?

Ok everybody! I REALLY need some help! I need the wiring schematic for my Lennox furnace that's older than me~1959. GH6-140M. Something is NOT right...was something wired wrong last year?? AC isn't turning on. Took off contactor, tested, good. Reset button to compressor isn't tripped....I am just going to rewire everything going from what I know is RIGHT...The labeled wires! Y1 and C, the red and white sprinkler wire...I have extra sprinkler wire too. This has been broken since June 2nd, not even gonna get a tech here till I know it's wired right!

Old 07-02-10, 07:58 AM
E
Pix of both Lennox GH6 & HS25

I tried to draw and identify what wires were and where they are attached, spliced etc. I also have pix of where they were. Matthew and I looked at neighbors and changed the wires to what his were...however, I have not added power back to the units...don't need a "POOF!" Here are some pics of wiring and my drawn diagrams. Anybody?? Do you see the wire that's wrong? I also noticed that BLUE really should be reconnected. I noticed that blue runs from the HP switch...only other blue I knew about until today was the T-stat Blue wire. However, in looking closely at the wiring downstairs, the main wires go in and a blue is capped in with it. It goes back out to the heat pump. I have never known anything about this heat pump and they 2 smaller black wires in front are cut.

Lennox GH6 and HS25 HVAC pictures by empoweredwendy - Photobucket

Old 07-04-10, 05:36 PM
C
First things first, you do not have a heat pump. Next i hope you have a voltmeter and some patience. Did the unit just stop working what happened to lead up to what you are doing now? The hp switch should be wired in the control circuit for the condensing unit that is what makes and breaks the 24 volts for the coil on the contactor outside. Get a volt meter check your tranformer inside unit. 115 primary should have 24 secondary. if you have secondary voltage check tstat wires next. With the stat in cool mode and stat temp turned down check between Y which should be yellow and R which should be red you should have 0 volts between the two that shows that the tstat switch is closed to cool then check both to ground if 0 if present between the r should read 24 to grond and red the same. Then check between G green and R red you should read 0 volts and check to ground to see if 24 is on both to ground that is the fan circuit if either the r and g or yand r read 24 ur stat is bad. NOTE: wires are not always the color of the letter they are called your r could be yellow etc... normally they are color to color normal stat wiring: Y= yellow wire, means cool mode turns o.d unit on R= red wire, means ''hot'' or switching hot, G= green wire, Turns fan on when switched, W= white wire, heat: in gas heat brings on both fan and heat, in elec heat just heat g has to make also, B=brown common, BL=black wire sometimes used as common also. This is the normal layout of the stat circuit. Start with the low voltage stuff then go from there the blue outside does need to be hooked back up if its in series with the contactor which it will be unless it has been taken completely out of the circuit. if all else fails get on google and u should be able to find a schematic for it if i can help any more let me know.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: