Seasonal difference in price of new AC

Old 07-11-10, 09:21 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Seasonal difference in price of new AC

My current central air unit is limping along and I think I can get it to last until the end of the summer when the cool weather can take over. My question is should I really wait to replace it? Is there a price drop for an installation in the winter instead of the summer and is that drop significant enough to justify my waiting? I'm inclined to believe that there is less work and more product in the winter so overall it would be cheaper. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-10, 09:29 AM
good thinking, workload has a big effect on the labor pricing especially with little residential firms, they can get overloaded with work very easily since their manpower is so limited. The equipment price will simply steadily increase so your plan might be slightly diminished by an equipment price increase later on but the labor portion will be much better in the slow months of the year

Old 07-11-10, 10:09 AM
Best Time to Buy Guide

Equipment
If an air conditioner is a must buy right now, then begin looking for discounts today on last years models. If you have a unit that can make it through another season, then the best option is to wait until stores are clearing their inventory at the end of the summer. As temperatures cool the prices will drop and you can find great deals to keep you cool next year.
Compare different model yrs. to determine if any significant changes were made . . . sometimes major, sometimes not.

Source: The Best Time To Buy Guide for 75 Products and Services - Best Time to Buy a New Car

Labor
That source supports what Former Member said about labor.

Sometimes asking if the dealer has a “scratch or dent” model will yield another 10% savings but look before buying.