Vent Freestanding Unit Indoors?

Old 07-15-10, 05:39 PM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Vent Freestanding Unit Indoors?

I'm roasting in a 1920's house with original french windows (open out or in with arched tops) and no central A/C. I have a couple free standing Sharp CV-10NP units, but its not possible to vent them out the windows.

I can't retrofit the windows ... historical home. I thought about maybe removing one pane of glass though and creating something that could be swapped out for the winter months.

Is there a way to vent these units indoors? Perhaps into a cold air return for the furnace? Or even better, down the furnace registered that are not being used at present?

Oh, and the exterior walls are, no kidding, 1' of almost plaster, wood and stucco. So a direct vent is major construction. Just went through it replacing a door.

Appreciate the help!

Old 07-15-10, 06:14 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pookadilly View Post
Is there a way to vent these units indoors? Perhaps into a cold air return for the furnace? Or even better, down the furnace registered that are not being used at present?
No. An A/C can move heat, say from indoors to outdoors. But it can't eliminate heat, which is what you seem to be wanting.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: