water in drip pan

Old 08-06-10, 05:51 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: usa
Posts: 235
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
water in drip pan

My downstairs AC unit (complete system including outside unit, coil and furnace) was installed in 2008.
This year it started to have some water in the drip pan.

It happend a couple of years ago. I had the guy (who installed my AC) come over. He cut the pipe in the attic and then use a small instrement and 'blow' the pipe to make it work.

I want to buy one of those so that I can do it myself (blowing the pipe so that drip pan doesn't have water dripping to it).

does anyone know the name of this tool? where can you get?
(I went to home depot, all they told me was to use some liquid treatment.)

Old 08-06-10, 07:03 PM
airman.1994's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: VA
Posts: 5,491
Upvotes: 0
Received 8 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Sounds like he did not put a clean out on it because he had to cut the pipe! This should be standard on a install. He most likely Used a gallo gun.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: