Mini Split A/C won't get cold

Old 08-14-10, 06:15 PM
H
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question Mini Split A/C won't get cold

I had a (RAMSOND MODEL 37GW2 - 12,500 BTU - 110V - SEER 14 SUPER EFFICIENCY - (COOL / HEAT - HEAT PUMP)DUCTLESS MINI SPLIT AIR CONDITIONER) (check out acworld.com for further info) For the past month it worked perfectly fine. All of a sudden it stopped producing cold air. The indoor unit fan runs, the outdoor fan runs. If you turn it off for a minute then turn it back on, after about 3 minutes the fans and compressor kick so it appears the capacitor works. The compressor is making a running noise (similar to a refridgerator) not loud but seems to be running (but still not sure if it is working properly. I have had 2 HVAC techs out both checked the refridgerant and for leaks. Saying that they are ok. Apparently most HVAC techs in my area are either inexperienced with mini splits or are just unwilling to touch them at all. The manufacturer keeps telling me call an HVAC tech to check this then that etc. I can't afford to keep calling people out to look at it but won't fix it. Can anyone provide any suggestions???

Old 08-14-10, 07:28 PM
J
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Did you purchase this off the internet? If so there probably is no warranty. Did you install it yourself? If so good luck getting a pro to work on it. If all the fans and the compressor are running and it's full of refrigerant and the pressures are good I wouldn't even know where to begin. Does it have electric strip backup heat? They might be activated from a faulty control board or something. Is the big refrigerant line cold coming off the outside unit?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: