what is warranty term for TXV (expansion valve)?

Old 08-23-10, 06:24 PM
R
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
what is warranty term for TXV (expansion valve)?

My problem doesn't seem to end.
as I said in another thread. my AC (new unit and installed complete Trane XR13 in 2008) doesn't cool some times.
first guy added Freon. 2nd guy took out some Freon and said I needed to replace TSV. according to him, it's under warranty.
but his fee is excessive.

then I got a referral from a neighbor.
I called a third guy and he quoted reasonable fee. but he said TXV valve is only under 1 year warranty.

can anyone tell me what standard 5 year part warranty Trane has? does it include TXV valve warranty and for how long?

Old 08-24-10, 06:09 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
pull out your original trane warranty paperwork and read it over. I have seen some techs that just do not want to hassle with the paperwork for warranty repairs (their hourly rate charge for the time to deal with it may add up to more than the 100 bones you could possibly save) I can certainly understand you wanting the free warranty part if possible just be careful not to spend a dollar to save a dime.

Old 08-24-10, 10:50 AM
R
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
thanks for the tip. I called Trane and got confirmation that it's covered.
you are right that the time spent on it probably will exceed the value of the part

Old 08-25-10, 08:47 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Did not mean to discourage you it is just that sometimes the system creates roadblocks. I guess these companies could be considered like insurance companies if they make it too much hassle to get the parts under warranty then they can save some big bucks. A lot of times the parts are proprietary anyway and you have to get them from the supplier to continue the warranty so it may be a mute point.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: