Carrier AC/Heat Pump Not Working

Old 08-29-10, 01:45 PM
Carrier AC/Heat Pump Not Working

Hello,

I have a 15 year old Carrier AC/Heat pump 2 zone systems where I think I need a new control board. I have had 2 people come out to look at the system and neither of them were familiar with the system and were basically just guessing that the control board was the problem. Originally I had no power going to either thermostat. Now after these "so-called" techs looked at the system and did some wiring I have nothing but heat coming out of the system and I have had to shut the unit down. If the control box is the problem I would like to know where I could purchase one. The only thing I could find on the control box is CARRIER WEATHERMAKER CONTROL BOARD. There is no part # on it at all. The closest thing I could find online is a picture for a ZONEKIT2 control board but I am not sure if it is still available. The model # of this system is 38BYB036300. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-10, 01:08 PM
sounds like you blew a transformer originally or the fuse on the circuit board of ur furnace or the control board. seems like if you opened up your furnace and took the little wire off "w" on the circuit board and put it to "y" you should get a/c.

Old 09-02-10, 12:15 PM
Carrier Zonekit control box

After looking at the control box and the way the thermostats are wired I made sure that they were wired the same. I now have AC and not heat but the majority of the AC is coming out of the vents on the first floor and only slightly out of the vents on the second floor. Also the system will not shut down unless I pull the breaker from the air handler. I also have no power going to the thermostats as even with the blower on off the unit will not shut down and I cannot control the temperature at all.

Please let me know if anyone has a wiring diagram for this control box. I asked Carrier and they sent me the wiring for everything but the control box. The control box has no part # on it but says Carrier Weathermaker Comfort Control Board. The model # of this system is 38BYB036300 and the serial # is 2695E04494.

Thanks