I wanna fix my a/c Need helP

Old 03-07-11, 10:05 PM
O
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I wanna fix my a/c Need helP

Hey everyone I have a Central air unit for a mobile home unit and it turns on and runs blows cold air but the place stays warm that was the problem last summer i wanna try to fix it before it gets warm it ive had problems with the a/c unit until i just got a window unit to survive the hot days like that in my bedroom. Ive had tech come by and look at it and not fix anything they just charged it with freon and it only work for a day and the lines froze up in the unit and the coils. i think it may be a leak in the unit some where not sure wondering if i can get at it some how i did was the coils out with a hose and the coils in a pyramid inside the unit ill post some pictures tomorrow.

Old 03-08-11, 03:16 AM
Received 4 Upvotes on 4 Posts
the leak needs located and repaired if possible. This has to be done by a PRO.

Old 03-08-11, 04:45 AM
Super Moderator
Received 68 Upvotes on 62 Posts
If the a/c has a refrigerant leak the tech is required to fix it before adding refrigerant.
It sounds like you called the wrong person.

Old 03-08-11, 11:55 AM
O
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
ok thanks for the heads up guys any one recommend any service in southern nj and maybe what i ask them for service wise and check list for what a good service guy or service should be doing.Also is there anything i can do to offset any other charges maybe clean coils or things i can check myself ??

Old 03-08-11, 02:58 PM
Super Moderator
Received 68 Upvotes on 62 Posts
There is some maintenance you could do but I am not sure if it would help you get the unit running.

What exactly did the repairman say was wrong and did he say what it would take to fully repair it.
It seems odd that he would not give you any detailed explanation.
If it does have a leak that is large enough to leak in one day it would not be too difficult to find.

Where exactly does the company that came and looked at your unit stand.
Did you fire him?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: