In Wall A/C - My supers says

Old 04-08-11, 04:24 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: usa
Posts: 1
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
In Wall A/C - My supers says

Hi All,
I need to get a through the wall A/C unit. I am going to get it online. My super says that I need to get one that is compatible with an Emerson wall sleeve/Emerson? How will I know that it will be compatible with this type? I have looked online and none of them have mentioned anything about compatibility. Cheers in advance!
Old 04-08-11, 04:37 PM
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 4,463
Received 129 Upvotes on 114 Posts
Measure the width and height of the hole you have now and find a unit the same size so it will just slide into the hole.
I personaly would never buy one on line. Far to many chances of damage in shipment, if it does not fit your stuck with the shipping to get it back, there very heavy and the shipping will kill you, there not going to send a repair man if it fails.
Old 04-08-11, 05:22 PM
GregH's Avatar
Super Moderator
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Manitoba
Posts: 9,500
Received 68 Upvotes on 62 Posts
Welcome to our forums!

I found this:

# Fits all Emerson Quiet Kool models - 26 3/4" W x 15"D x 15 3/4" H
# Emerson Quiet Kool Through-the-Wall models also fit Fedders, Frigidaire, GE, Hotpoint, Sears, Welbilt and Whirlpool sleeves.
If your a/c is the same dimensions as above you have some choices.
You just need to be sure you are getting a "through the wall" model as "window units" have the air intake in the wrong place.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: