2 filters??

Old 04-10-11, 03:33 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
2 filters??

I have the standard in home tan air conditioner attached to the top of a wooden box in a closet. the filter (weird size) is inserted horizontally on the bottom like others i've seen. but also outside the closet, around the side is a 18x24x1 vent that also houses a filter that leads to the empty space in this box, which leads straight to the filter that is underneath the air conditioner. I can feel air going into the vent, up to the air conditioner filter and cold air is coming out of the ceiling vents fine.

I've never seen a design like this, do you have to use 2 filters....1 underneath the air conditioner and on the wall vent? or is this redundant? it would seem like dirt/debris piling up in this empty space would enter the air conditioner. sorry for the long post. thanks

Old 04-10-11, 04:34 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
One filter is all that is necessary. Too much filtering may reduce air flow over the coil (not good).

I've seen people jam two highly restrictive filters (well known brand) into one filter rack. This sometimes results in frozen-up coils.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: