Question about a ducted system

Old 04-19-11, 02:54 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question about a ducted system

Is there such a thing as a unit that I can put in a large window (can be supported inside with steel beams and/or suspended from the ceiling) that can be ducted through one room? Basically, what I want is a large window unit about (20,000 btu) that, instead of blowing cool air through louvers, blows it into ducts that can be hidden over a dropped ceiling to cool a larger room, or even two rooms.

I can not put a split system is.. this is an apartment building where I can not put a condenser on the roof or mounted outside, so a split system isn't going to work.

Price is not an issue.

Old 04-19-11, 05:57 PM
Super Moderator
Received 85 Upvotes on 77 Posts
Price not an issue???

These are $7000 self contained ceiling units. 10,000btu and 25,000btu. I am sure you can split the duct.

Alternative to Fan Coil Units, Fan Coils, Ceiling-mounted Air Conditioner by MovinCool

Or these floor units have split ducts. There are other venders. tou have to look around.

Portable Air Conditioners Ideal Air | Commercial Grade Air Conditioning Products

Otherwise small floor units. 8000 btu. Put them in one or two rooms. $259.00 each

KY-80 MobilComfort 8,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner With R-410A Refrigerant

Mike NJ

Old 04-19-11, 07:35 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Movincool

Movincool is the best thing I've seen yet... Looks like it could be set up in ceiling anywhere in the room, or hung in front of the window in an enclosure and set up for air exchange through ducts installed in a replacement sash for the window or through the wall if allowed.

That's a great lead. Anything else like this?? They can't be the only company making something so practical!

Thanks

Old 04-19-11, 08:13 PM
Super Moderator
Received 85 Upvotes on 77 Posts
Others make that type but not self contained. The commpressors go outside.

You do not want nothing on the roof, or on the ground correct? And you need to duct it somehow to some rooms correct?

Looks like it could be set up in ceiling anywhere in the room, or hung in front of the window in an enclosure and set up for air exchange through ducts installed in a replacement sash for the window or through the wall if allowed.
Yeah it looks like there is a added kit that lets you run a exhaust to outside somewhere. Then it has a return and a supply.

I will look around for others, and see what I come up with. You said price not a issue....LOL

Mike NJ

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: