Air Conditioner for Casement Window?

Old 05-29-11, 03:15 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Air Conditioner for Casement Window?

Hi everyone, I'm looking for some help with air conditioner options for one of the casement windows in my bedroom. Basically it seems that I have two options: Buying and installing an AC unit made for casement windows, but that seems a bit tricky. The other option seems to be to buy a portable air conditioner and rigging it so it would work in my casement window. Does anyone have any useful guides that would help me do that? I'm not all that handy so anything would help...but the more detailed the guide, the better.

Also, based on searches that I've done, I'm still not quite sure if they make portable air conditioners that would fit a casement window that wouldn't require any DIY rigging to make it work correctly. Does anyone know if they make portable air conditioners that come with a kit of some sort so they can be used in casement windows?

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

Old 05-30-11, 09:27 AM
Group Moderator
Received 877 Upvotes on 740 Posts
I have casement windows and have looked into installing an window A/C unit. I have not found one that will fit in a casement window. Installing a portable A/C unit would be a better option but you would still have to put something in the window, like a piece of plywood, to cover the opening because you need someplace for the exhaust hose. That or you would need to drill a 4" hole through the wall.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: