TRANE Central Air unit not working

Old 05-30-11, 09:27 AM
TRANE Central Air unit not working

we turned on our central air and a few hours later, it went off...the thermostat (TRANE) was blank.
Checked the ciruit breaker and it was fine. Any suggestions? PS---The Bypass Humidifier would not stop running about 1 month ago, so I unplugged it from the furnace. Could THAT have anything to do with this? Any help would be appreciated. NJ will be hitting almost 100 today

Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-11, 04:25 PM
check low voltage fuse in furnace or air handler on the control board.

Old 05-30-11, 06:08 PM
Can you guide me as to how to check the "low voltage fuse" or the control board?
I was happy to see a response. . . but have no idea how to check this. I will try if you can guide me. thank you

Old 05-30-11, 07:07 PM
open the indoor unit and look for a control board and on the board should be an automotive style 5 or 3 amp fuse

Old 05-31-11, 05:33 AM
FOUND THE FUSE, but...

How can I tell if the fuse is blown? It seems fine...the Z shaped wire is in tact. Your responses are so very much appreciated! A bit steamy here and don't have $200 to have someone come out to fix this thing. I feel a little more in control with your advice. thank you.

Old 05-31-11, 03:42 PM
you can check resistance through it. Or go buy some from the auto parts store (inexpensive). To go much further you will need to have and know how to use a multimeter.