Freezing up

Old 05-31-11, 02:23 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Freezing up

Need some help with a rudd R410A split system install. The unit is 2 years old and i installed it. I went to school and am a certified tech. I have been working in the field part time for 8 years. It froze up about 6 months ago and again yesterday. The return is a 24"x24" square and all duct work is sufficient for the cfms required for this unit. Working pressures are 400/105 I can not get the low side to come up with the high side hence why it is freezing. Pressure temp relation shows 32-34 degrees coil temp on the low side guage. Could there be a restriction in the txv or liquid line somewhere? Tried adjusting the fan speed Taking out the filter and leaving the grate open no change. Temperature split is 46 supply and 68 return while the a/c is set at 71 degrees F. Straight cool with a 10k.w. heat strip. What are some of your thoughts i'm stumped?

Old 05-31-11, 02:26 PM
D
forgot this

It only freezes every once in awhile. New copper was used when installed and the coil is clean. Prolly should have mentioned this above.

Old 05-31-11, 02:49 PM
J
What are the suction line and liquid line temperatures?

Old 05-31-11, 03:53 PM
Received 4 Upvotes on 4 Posts
Forum guidelines prohibit discussions related to refrigerant pressures/temps because we dont know if a user is certified to handle refrigerant.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: