Acidic smell coming from registers when the AC is on?

Old 06-05-11, 10:51 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Acidic smell coming from registers when the AC is on?

Acidic smell coming from registers when AC is on? I believe it was there in the winter when the heat was on too.

When I come from outside or somewhere else and come into the house, my sinuses swell up.

Not sure what this is, I live in Arizona, so I have trouble believing it is mold.

Thanks.

Old 06-05-11, 01:19 PM
E
probably a dirty evaporator coil or a dirty filter. have you noticed a drop in the air pressure coming out the vents over the years?dirty evap coil would reduce airflow and smell up ur house with whatever dirt or hair that is covering it. open up the furnace where the motor is, is it cover it dust and dirt? if it is good chance evap coil is dirty

Old 06-05-11, 07:43 PM
J
The AC coil is 7 months old and sparkly clean. The AC is about 2 years old. We change the filter every month with a MERV9 and 10 for 2 returns. Flex duct was replaced 7 months ago. The drip pan, which the coil sits in, is holds about 1/2 inch of water in it due to the side drain being raised a bit and damns the water in.

There is mineral deposits all over from the turbulent air blowing the water around. The blower fan blades are all white and the blower was cleaned 7 months ago. Not sure where this mineral deposit is coming from?? Does the putty break down over time?? There is a ton of it all over inside. Thanks

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: