Sanyo R410a ion inverter leaks water

Old 06-05-11, 04:37 PM
I
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Sanyo R410a ion inverter leaks water

Evening All,
We have the above system installed in the bedroom only &, we have water that is dripping from the plastic casing (intermittant) off the indoor unit. Could anyone please explain why this is happening & more importantly, how to rectify the problem.
Many thanks for any forthcoming info
icebreaker

Old 06-05-11, 05:17 PM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
the drain is plugged or if there is a pump involved then it may not be working. You need to remove the cover and dig into the problem to find out or call a Pro.

Old 06-05-11, 10:59 PM
I
Thanks hvactech,
I have the manual so I'll have a read of that as well as removing the cover to investigate the cause later on today when I return from work. I havn't a clue how these things work, I presume they are meant to have water in the system - or is it condensation ?
Cheers,
icy

Old 06-06-11, 05:13 AM
condensation. Your ac is a dehumidifier and removes moisture from the air. The moisture is collected in the drain pan and then sent out through a drain tube or a condensate pump hooked up to the tube.

Old 06-06-11, 11:57 AM
I
hvactech,
I've just had a look and indeed, there seemed to be a residue of H20. So I've dried off the same (this is in the internal unit - can't see any drain pan though ! ) & all is well - for the moment !
I've seen that the pump is working and circulating the water, so that's in the clear. I'll check the online manual for the drainpump location & see if there is any blockage in the tubes while I'm at it,
Many thanks for your valuable advice,
icebreaker

Old 06-06-11, 12:36 PM
I
Further to the above - where can I find the drain gutter/pan

Old 06-06-11, 03:57 PM
its hard to see, its below the coil which is viewable after you take off the front cover. To see the drain, you have to remove the bottom of the unit from the wall and swing it out from the wall.

Old 06-07-11, 03:34 PM
I
In the words of Columbo - "Just one more thing sir" Would the drainpan be in the internal unit or the external unit,
Cheers,
icy

Old 06-07-11, 04:16 PM
it would be in the indoor unit

Old 06-08-11, 04:19 PM
I
located the drain pan & removed about 3/4 glass of water, the leak seems to be coming from the drain hole area on the right side - am I supposed to drain any excess off myself (I see that there is a possible draining point with a rubber bung, at the other end ) or is it all meant to be shifted by the pump,
Cheers,
icy

Old 06-08-11, 04:41 PM
Some may stay in the pan...When there is enough it goes down the drain automatically......The rubber plug is to move the drain to the other side for a different installation option.

Old 06-08-11, 05:01 PM
I
Ok, so it points to a leak around the right drain area as the level of water was only half way up the diameter of the the hole, this will be a pain to fix as it's hard to get at

Old 06-20-11, 04:36 PM
I
Here's an update :- After draining out the water, I checked the suction on the pump itself & verified that it was functioning correctly, then I blew through the pump inlet & outlet tubes & cleared the same of remaining H20 & VOILA ! my A/C unit has been functioning without leaking since : )

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: