AC not cooling home after furnace installed last year

Old 06-08-11, 07:28 PM
N
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
AC not cooling home after furnace installed last year

Not sure if there is a connection, but I had a new furnace installed last November, and my AC is not cooling the home. Called the company and they can't come out for two weeks and the temps are in the high 90's. There is some air from the vents, but not cool. Anything I can try while waiting for the technician? Thanks.

Old 06-09-11, 11:11 AM
F
Received 39 Upvotes on 31 Posts
Does the blower in the furnace run when the thermostat is calling for cooling? Does the fan in the outside unit run when there is a call for cooling? Is the power on to the outside unit? Is there any visible damage to the wiring going to the outside unit?

Post back with the answers as there are some other things to check depending on the answers to these questions.

Old 06-09-11, 03:31 PM
R
your blower fan is running for sure. just check if the outside unit is running. he may have messed up the stat wiring

Old 06-09-11, 04:14 PM
N
The blower and fan are working as well as the outside unit. Didn't see any damage to the wiring. Thanks.

Old 06-09-11, 10:35 PM
F
Received 39 Upvotes on 31 Posts
If the outside unit is running along with the furnace blower then it is unlikely anything simple that you can fix. If it isn't cooling it would be best to shut off the power to the outside unit until a trained service person checks it out.

Sorry.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: